I have been asking the question now for 2 1/2 years. God has been silent. So I asked God for some guidance. One week ago, I finally heard from Him. As usual, it was not what I wanted to hear; nonetheless, it was something I needed to hear. Do you know what I heard? It was not the answer to my question but another direction for me to take.
And here is the neat part, the reason why I am writing this to you. I got so excited that I wanted to share. God said to me, "Since you trust me and know that I only want good things for you, then you should be asking me what are the good things that I have in store for you during these challenging times?"
- Did you realize that you are becoming too worldly. (I was pursuing higher positions in my company and forgetting about my family.)
- Did you realize that with ALS your focus has changed. (Duh!)
- You said that you knew me, but did you? (In retrospect, I really didn't know him. I didn't pursue an intimate relationship with him.)
- Have you seen the people that are now part of your life?
- Have you seen the people that are not part of your life?
- Are you getting the picture that ALS is becoming a discerning factor for you.
- Do you realize that you are becoming more like Jesus because you are being obedient to My will? (I really didn't sign up for this, I was having a good time in my old life.)
Trust me, the new line of questioning will get you closer to the truth. You are asking God to reveal himself to you and not demanding results, your results. I am finding out that his ways are better than my ways, usually.
So, here I am, with a gift from God that I am sharing with you. I hope your prayer life becomes stronger and your relationship with God becomes more intimate. Remember the goal of this life is to get closer to God before we meet him.
“Do not store up riches for yourselves here on earth, where moths and rust destroy, and robbers break in and steal. Instead, store up riches for yourselves in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and robbers cannot break in and steal. For your heart will always be where your riches are. " Matthew 6:19-21